This site is owned and managed by Caparo Hotels and we respect the privacy of all visitors to the site. Please find below information on how the data we collect on you is used, and what you should do if you have any concerns regarding the data held. If you have queries regarding the information contained in this policy please e-mail [email protected]
Non-disclosure to third parties
Under no circumstances we will pass on your personal data to third parties. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data; including the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR)
How to check the data
Should you require a copy of the information that we hold on you or you believe that any of the information we hold may be incorrect, you can request details of the information by writing to: Marketing Department Osborne Hotel Hesketh Crescent Torquay Devon TQ1 2LL.
Links to the other sites
Visitors will find links from www.osborne-torquay.co.uk. to independently owned, controlled and/or managed websites whose content we feel may be of interest to our visitors. Whilst we initially check these sites, we do not monitor or control the content that appears on these sites. We advise all visitors to read the policy statement of all linked sites before navigating them.
Under the GDPR your rights are:
-The right to be informed – We must make available this privacy notice with the emphasis on transparency over how we process your data.
-The right of access – You are entitled to find out what details we may hold about you and why.
-The right to rectification – We are obliged to correct or update your details.
- The right to erasure – This is also known as the request to be forgotten.
-The right to restrict processing – You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress the processing by us of your personal data.
-The right to data portability – You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data that you have provided to us.
-The right to object – You have the right to object to us processing your data in relation to direct marketing and or profiling.
-Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – We do not use automatic decision making or processing.
The data we hold about you
We process both personal and sensitive (special) categories of data. Personal data we process may include name, address and email address. It also may include IP address and cookies (website). Due to the nature of our business we also process sensitive (special) categories of data, such as health data, racial or ethnic origin and biometric data (passports for identification and verification purposes as required by law).
Our collection methods are:
- Through our website
- Through engagement of our services
- By communications
- Through engagement of service providers
How your data will be used
We use information held about you to:
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your devices;
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes or by Legitimate Interests*;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so, e.g. asking a question through our website.
- Carry out necessary maintenance to our infrastructure and notify you about changes to our services
- We also embrace the use of social media and may wish to process any comments made public by you.
Legitimate interest and marketing
Where we use legitimate interests we will record our decision and our method on making this decision. This can be requested by you at any time.
If you are an existing contact or customer we will only contact you by postal and electronic means (e-mail) with information about services or goods which you have previously purchased from us or enquired about. If you are a new customer we will contact you by post or electronic means only if you have consented to this. You can choose to not receive these types of communication by contacting us.